Saturday, May 9, 2009

I DARE THE MIRROR!

Do I war with nature

Or stop short and tard when Canaan’s yards o’er?

Am I Icarus heaven-bound? Stiff limbs ‘gainst the limber

Pinioned masters, or Brother Wright but wrongly flutt’ring?

What I see of humanity! Just wrecks and wrecks upon shores.

From newly, doomed babes born, to those that failed again before.

 

Have you seen my children cry, as flies

Licked salt from the corners of their eyes?

Their toad-like bellies poking sickly underneath

Ill –fitting garment once tailored for distant friends?

And where the lights burn bright, daily groping in the dark

Or yelling and cursing on rooftops flagging Noah?

 

Yet if I built a pyramid that stayed,

And schemes  I drafted parted deep sea waters,

While it was just me; a lone star upon a sphere

Lorded by masters pale in comparison,

Wouldn’t you swab me, microscope me and say -

“How? Beautiful mutation birthed by Calibans!”

 

1 comment:

WGF said...

sometimes you just have to wonder.